As of January 20, 2015
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting BerksFun.com (the “Site”). The terms and conditions listed below (the “Terms”) are intended to make you aware of your legal rights and responsibilities with respect to your access to and use of the Site and any related applications whether existing now or in the future (collectively, the “Properties”).
Description of services
BerksFun.com provides an online search for events and camps in and around Berks County, PA. Members may create accounts in order to save events and camps to their account for later reference. Camps and Event owners/managers may also create accounts in order to manage their own listings. BerksFun.com also offers businesses and organizations the free opportunity to customize their listings on BerksFun.com.
Use of properties
You agree to use the Properties only in compliance with these Terms and applicable law, and in a manner that does not violate our legal rights or those of any third party.
You agree that you will only use the Properties for your own personal use. The Properties are intended for users eighteen (18) years and older. By using the Properties, You represent to us that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Use of the Properties is void where prohibited.
Certain portions of the Properties may be secured or otherwise protected from access except for authorized users with valid login and password information. Individuals without authorization attempting to access these portions of the Properties may be subject to prosecution.
If you are a business owner, creating an account will allow you to claim your listing on the Properties and update your listing information .
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account. You are responsible for all changes and updates submitted through your account and all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account by sending an email to support [at] BerksFun.com. We reserve the right to suspend access to or close your account at any time for any or no reason.
You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, create multiple accounts or business listings except as otherwise authorized by us, or provide or use false information to obtain authorized access to a user’s account or a business’ listing on the Properties. You acknowledge that any false claiming of a business may cause BerksFun.com or third parties to incur substantial economic damages and losses for which you may be held accountable.
No SPAM policy
You acknowledge and agree that sending unsolicited e-mail advertisements to our users, whether or not you are using the Company's computer system to send such e-mail, is expressly prohibited by this Agreement. Such use may constitute a violation of federal and state law including, but not limited to, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. Sec. 1030, et seq.) and the CAN-SPAN Act of 2003. Such misuse of the Services and / or Website may subject the sender to civil and criminal penalties. If we are informed that you are sending such e-mail advertisements, we will terminate your account immediately and, if necessary, will take other steps to keep you from using the Services.
Third-Party website or services:
The Website or Services may provide hyperlinks, banner advertisements, pop-ups and/or other online methods to redirect you to other third party Internet websites and/or services and/or resources. Because the Company has no control over such website and/or services and/or resources, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability of such third party website or services and/or resources. Furthermore, Company does not endorse, and is not responsible or liable for, any content, advertising, services, products and/or other materials at or available through such third party website and/or services or resources, or for any damages and/or losses incurred through such website and/or services or other resources.
Ownership of contentA. Your Content
You own all content you submit to the Properties, including but not limited to profile information, reviews, images, and any other materials (“Your Content”). By submitting Your Content you hereby irrevocably grant us a perpetual, world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license and right to use Your Content for any purpose and in any media now existing or in the future. You also irrevocably grant the users of the Properties and third party websites, mobile applications and other platforms who obtained Your Content from us (“Third Party Properties”) the same right you have granted to us herein to use Your Content in connection with their use of the Properties and Third Party Properties. By “use” we mean use, copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, promote, create derivative works, and in the case of Third Party Properties, allow their users and others to do the same. You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content brought against us, any Third Party Properties and our and their users.
You are responsible for Your Content. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You may be held liable for Your Content.
In submitting Your Content to us, you represent that:
- You are the sole author of Your Content, and Your Content are not copied from or based on, in whole or in part, any other work or website, except works in the public; and
- Use of Your Content by us, Third Party Properties and our and their users will not violate or infringe any right of you or any third party.
With regard to Your Content which are images, you agree that at least one of the following is met:
- You have taken the photograph or created the artwork being submitted;
- You own the rights to the image; or
- You have explicit permission from the rights-holder to submit such image or artwork for use on our Properties and Third Party Properties and to grant the rights you have granted herein.
Lastly, you agree that any of Your Content submitted to us will not:
- Be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, defamatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- Contain material that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Properties;
- Violate any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Accuse others of illegal activity, or describe physical confrontations and/or sexual harassment;
- Contain material that is illegal, or that violates any federal, state, or local law or regulation;
- Contain language or images intended to impersonate another user;
- Disguise or attempt to disguise the origin of Your Content;
- Be of a nature that does not address the goods and services, atmosphere, or other attributes of the business or have no qualitative value;
- Be knowingly untrue to you, or be considered a form of deceptive advertisement or cause, or be a result of, a conflict of interest;
- Be commercial in nature, including but not limited to spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or other advertising materials;
- Assert or imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by us; or
- Contain material that is not in English;
each as determined in our sole discretion.
We may use, post or refuse to post, disable from view, remove or reinstate any content (including Your Content) in our sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may, but are not obligated to, hide or remove any of Your Content that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be in violation of the terms hereof. We are not obligated to return any of Your Content to you under any circumstances.B. Our Content
We are the sole and exclusive copyright owners of the Properties and our content, including, but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, reports and other usage-related data in connection with your business, and all other elements and components of the Properties excluding Your Content and third party content (“Our Content”). We also exclusively own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the “IP Rights”) associated with the Properties and Our Content, which may be protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. You may not use, copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of the Our Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Properties, Our Content or our IP Rights.C. Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Properties, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification pursuant to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). You may be subject to liability under Section 512(f) of the DMCA if you knowingly make any misrepresentations on a take-down notice:
- Identify in writing the copyrighted material that you claim has been infringed upon;
- Identify in writing the material on the Properties that you allege is infringing upon copyrighted material, and provide sufficient information that reasonably identifies the location of the alleged infringing material (for example, the user name of the alleged infringer and the business listing it is posted under);
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the content on the Properties as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.”;
- Include the following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that the information in my notice is accurate and I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.”
- Provide your contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available);
- Provide your physical or electronic signature; and
- Send the written communication to:
info [at] BerksFun.com
No Endorsement of Content
Some of the content available through the Properties may include materials that belong to third parties. We also obtain business addresses, phone numbers and other contact information from third party vendors, who obtain their data from public and commercial sources. We have no control over, and make no representation or endorsement regarding the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, completeness, timeliness or quality of any product, services, advertisements and other content appearing in or linked to from the Properties. We do not screen or investigate third party material before or after including them on our Properties. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in, any portion of the content accessible on the Properties. Where appropriate, we may in our sole discretion and without any obligation, verify any updates, modifications, or changes to any content accessible on the Properties, but shall not be liable for any delay or inaccuracies related to such updates.
Third party content, including those posted by our users, do not reflect our views or that of our parent, subsidiary, affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, or shareholders. In addition, none of the content available through the Properties are endorsed or certified by the providers or licensors of such third party content. We assume no responsibility or liability for any of Your Content or any third party content or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from your reliance or use of the Properties, any Third Party Properties or the materials contained herein or therein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we expressly disclaim any liability for any offensive, defamatory, illegal, invasive, unfair, or infringing content provided by third parties.
Restrictions on Use
Without limiting the generality of these Terms, you specifically agree not to do the following while using the Properties:
- Use the Properties for illegal or unauthorized uses;
- Impersonate any person or entity;
- ‘Stalk’ or harass other users or persons;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, service mark, copyright, or other intellectual property right of another person;
- Access or use the account of another user without permission;
- Solicit, spam or otherwise advertise to users and/or business using Our Content or the Properties;
- Distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, surveys, contests, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or other messages for any purposes;
- Distribute computer viruses or other code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or destroy the functionality or use of any features of the Properties;
- Interfere with , disrupt, or destroy the servers or networks connected to the Properties, or disobey any rules or regulations applicable to such servers or networks;
- ‘Hack’ or access without permission our proprietary or confidential records, those of another user, or those of anyone else;
- Violate any contract or fiduciary relationship (for example, by disclosing proprietary or confidential information of your employer or client in breach of any employment, consulting, or non-disclosure agreement);
- Violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation (for example, by disclosing or trading on inside information in violation of securities law);
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Properties;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features, or features that enforce limitations on use of, the Properties; and/or
- Modify, copy, publish, license, sell, rent, lease, lend, transfer or otherwise commercialize any rights to the Properties or Our Content;
each as determined in our sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assignees, licensees, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, vendors, business partners, owners, and professional advisors from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including without limitation court costs, collection costs, and reasonable attorney fees) related to (i) Your Content, (ii) your unauthorized use of the Properties, or products or services included or advertised in the Properties; or (iii) your breach of these Terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of LiabilityDisclaimer of Warranties
YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE PROPERTIES AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INCLUDED OR ADVERTISED ON, OR LINKED TO FROM, THE PROPERTIES. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR PROMISES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OR SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED, OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED IN THE PROPERTIES. THE INFORMATION MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, FOR WHICH WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY. THE PROPERTIES AND THE ENTIRE CONTENTS THEREOF ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR PROMISES REGARDING THE COMPATIBILITY OF OUR PROPERTIES WITH ANY PARTICULAR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE DEVICES. YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE DEVICE(S) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THE PROPERTIES.Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INCLUDED OR ADVERTISED IN THE PROPERTIES, WHETHER THE CLAIM FOR DAMAGES IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO US, IF ANY, FOR THE USE OF THE PROPERTIES.Data Fees
Data, messaging, or other ISP and carrier fees may apply in your use of the Properties through a mobile device.Changes to the Terms
BerksFun.com may modify these Terms from time to time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of the new Terms. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, these Terms as modified, you must stop using the Properties and, if applicable, cancel your account. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Properties after any posted modification to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modification.Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
These Terms are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania and the United States. Any controversy or claim relating to these Terms or the Properties shall be submitted to the judicial courts located in Delaware County in the State of Pennsylvania. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. You must commence any legal action against us within one (1) year after the alleged harm initially occurs. Failure to commence the action within that period shall forever bar any claims or causes of action regarding the same facts or occurrence. WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL.Severability
Should any part of these Terms be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with, the Properties is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Company’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.