Musikfest in Bethlehem includes more family fun in 2013 than ever before! August 2-11, families can venture through the large assortment of rides, get in touch with their inner artist with cool craft activities, or even take part in the Color Me Rad Race on Aug. 3 (See more about this amazing color-bomb run!)
Below gives you an idea of what you can do! More info is at the Musikfest site.
photo credit: Joe Ledva
Mutual of Omaha Banana Island Creativity Tent
Children will have the chance to make take-home crafts everyday at this fun-filled venue. This year themes include a Musikfest 30th Birthday party, Musikfest Memories day and more.
Treasure Hunt at Banana Island
Families can embark on a quest like no other as they search for 6abc logos around the fest. Families can use their map to mark each space, then when they finish they can turn their completed form back to the Creativity Tent to receive a 6abc prize!
Banana Island Rides
Banana Island will send kids on an adventure unlike any other, with more rides than ever! Prices for rides may vary, butMonday-Thursday from noon-5 p.m. you can purchase a daily ride wristband for $15 that allows for unlimited turns on any and all rides! Rides and attractions include Tilt-A-Whirl, Rainbow Rock, Slide, Merry-Go-Round, Rock Climb, Bungee, Bounce House, Swings, and Water Wars.
Mural of Omaha Banana Island Community Mural
Attendees of all ages are invited to chip in their own splash of color to the 30th anniversary Musikfest community mural starting August 7th at Banana Island. Once the mural is complete, it will be the perfect spot for photos!
Children’s Performers at Plaza Tropical
Some of the coolest children’s artists around kick off the music at Plaza Tropical every day starting at noon:
- 8/3: Steve Pullara & His Cool Beans Band http://www.coolbeansmusic.com/
- 8/4: Rolie Polie Guacamole http://www.roliepolieguacamole.com/
- 8/5: Kira Willey http://www.firefliesyoga.com/
- 8/6: We Kids Rock http://wekidsrock.com/
- 8/7: Bari Koral (duo show—not full band) http://www.barikoral.com/
- 8/8: StarFish http://www.starfishrocks.com/
- 8/9: The Billy Kelly Show http://thebillykellyshow.com/
- 8/10: Erin Lee and the Up Past Bedtime Band http://erinleemusic.com/
- 8/11: Uncle Rock http://www.unclerock.com/
Color Me Rad 5K
Families can participate or watch runners during this fun-filled color explosion Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. Register at www.colormerad.com
Musikfest Street Performers
Musikfest’s buskers have always been beloved by families. This year Musikfest has added an additional street performer to the festival (3 each day). Look for fire eaters, break-dancers, pogo stick stuntmen and more:
- Jonathan Burns – flexible comedy / comedian, contortionist and more
- Wacky Chad – pogo stick stuntman, comedian
- Crazy Boy Coy – juggler, fire-breather and professional idiot
- Breakatronz – five member break dancing group}
- Jason Divad – unicycler, juggler, fire twirler
- Arizona Jones – Indiana Jones satirist, fire whip cracking stunts on top of four meter circus poles
|Jonathan Burns||Wacky Chad||Crazy Boy Coy||Breakatronz||Jason Divad||Arizona Jones|