It's almost that time of year again! Bring your family & friends to Berks Parks and Recreation's Holiday Lightsl, and walk through the illuminated park and see fabulous light displays and decorations.
Santa Claus appears nightly until 12/23 in the lower level of the barn: 1–4pm & 6–8:30 pm. Watch model trains wind their way through the miniature town in the former Generating Station on the bridge. Built and operated by members of the Pottstown & Reading Chapter of the National Historical Railway Society. Light refreshments available. Admission is $5.00 per car. For more information please call 610-374-8839. Closed and "dark" Monday & Tuesday evenings.
Sit in the upper level of the barn by the fireplace and enjoy lively entertainment each night 6:30-8:30:
- 12/06: Mt. Laurel Brass
- 12/07: Jameson Sisters
- 12/08: Miss Maggie & Santa's Elves. Shows at 1:15, 2:15, & 3:15 P.M.
- 12/08: After Hours. Bring the kids, for a fun night with the whole family. This 4-Piece band will entertain you with traditional Christmas music, and have you singing along
- 12/11: Jill Haley and Susan McDevitt
- 12/12: Polished Brass
- 12/13: Neil Wright Trio
- 12/14: East Side Dave & the Mountain Folk Band
- 12/15: Beverly McDevitt & Friends
- 12/13: David Cullen & Jill Haley. David Cullen on guitar and Jill Haley on oboe, will present a medley of holiday music. There will be familiar tunes as well as some less known, but beautiful classical arrangements. Warm up by our fireplace, listening to the music from these first-rate musicians.
- 12/18: Scot Silver & the Jazz Guise
- 12/19: Pagoda Brass. The Pagoda Brass is from Reading, PA whose name reflects the local icon above the city. We are a traditional brass quintet consisting of two trumpets, a French horn, trombone, and a tuba whose members are also members of the Ringgold Band: Patrick Boggs, Dennis Coldren, Randy Ream, Bruce Schonour, and Dewey Freeman.
- 12/20: Steve Pullara and the Cool Beans Band
- 12/21: Ken Gehret and Irish Mist
- 12/22: Maria Damore & Ken Bagenstose
- 12/26: CLUE (formerly Mesa)
- 12/27: Maggie Spike. Singer Songwriters Maggie Spike are joined by Cathy Sauber to present original music and “Music of the British Isles”. Peggy and Eric Gernerd are a husband and wife duo from the Oley Valley, are known for the ‘mixed bag’ of folk originals. Tonight’s concert will have more than a sprinkling of Celtic music.
- 12/28: When Karma Was King
- 12/29: Toad Creek Duo
Also this year: Miss Maggie and Santa's Elves!
FREE Kids Holiday Workshop Sunday, 12/8 1-4 pm. Click the image above to download a flyer.
In Miss Maggie’s Holiday Program, Peggy Gernerd incorporates Miss Maggie original favorites with well-known (and some not so well-known) Christmas songs played on the guitar and ukulele. Joining Miss Maggie is everyone’s favorite puppet, Spaghetti Head Fred for a special appearance. Miss Maggie Sings! shows involve audience participation and fun for the whole family. Workshop Crafts include
- Reindeer Headbands
- Handprint Gift Bags
- Origami Balls
- Angel Recycled Ornaments
- Bird Seed Ornaments
Location for Holiday Lights
Click map below to go to Google Maps